1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the Site, submit comments, photographs or other materials on the Site, place an order, or participate in another Site feature or access the site via a third party website such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. We also may collect information from you when you provide information to an advertiser on the Site by clicking through to that advertisement.
- 2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, submit comments, photographs or other materials, purchase products, visit our advertisers, surf the Site, or use other Site features in the following ways:
- To recognize you, personalize your Site experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your submissions and requests
- To allow our advertisers to better tailor their products and/or services to you
- To quickly process your submissions and transactions.
- To administer blogs, chats, or other Site features.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- Comments, email and chat session participation. If you respond with information including feedback and data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, names, town of residence, or the like, such information is deemed to be non-confidential and we have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and we are free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to any third party without limitation. We are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to writing and publishing articles and other materials incorporating such information.
- Non-personal information. We may use third- party advertising companies to serve ads. Such companies may also gather non-personally identifiable information about Site visitation patterns so that we can continue to improve our web site and use such information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visit to this web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We may share information about your Site visitation patterns with third-party technology providers to: a) provide you with personalized articles which are related to content you visited on the Site in order to allow you to discover new content and to provide you with a social space for discussing the content on the Site; and/or b) allow our advertisers to provide you with a better, more customized experience with our advertisers’ products and/or services.
4. Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering or by contacting us.
In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
6. Safeguarding Information
The desertnoisesmusic.com follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use personal information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Privacy and Third-Party Links
8. Online Policy Only
9. Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about this Site. Please send any and all feedback pertaining to us here.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2015 will receive information regarding 2014 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from the desertnoisesmusic.com, please send an email message with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
11. Notice Regarding EU General Data Protection Regulation
In 2018, the European Union (“EU”) implemented a regulation, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“the Regulation”) which imposes certain obligations upon businesses (and others) that offer goods or services to individuals located within the EU. Businesses subject to the Regulation must handle the personal data of individuals in accordance with the Regulation’s various provisions. Given the global reach of the Internet, the Regulation provides that the mere accessibility of a website or email account in the EU is insufficient to find that the business envisions offering its goods or services to individuals in the EU. desertnoisesmusic.com is located entirely within the United States with no presence or activities within the EU. desertnoisesmusic.com does not envision or intend to offer goods or services to those located within the EU and expressly elects to limit its offering of goods and services to those not located within the EU and not within the scope of the Regulation.